Simon Hawthorne

Default Yet another boring question about radiators and plumbing...

Hello again

Wonder if I dare ask another basic question?

I have 8mm microbore feeding all my rads and I really want to change
them for some new ones (the old ones are looking rough - with the odd
rust patch appearing now). I also want to fit TRVs - and until now,
didn't realise you could get them in 8mm...! The 'Honeywell VT117E
8mm' is available from a few sites, and Plumbworld (when the website
worked a few minutes ago) did a pack with a lockshield valve.

Am I correct in thinking that a nice new rad (I'll do all the kw
calcualtions to make sure I get one that matches), a 8mm TRV and 8mm
lockshield valve, a pack of 8mm couplings (with the solder built in),
a blowtorch and some patience, I could actually pull this off and fit
a new rad?

I'm assuming these 8mm couplings (with the solder rings) are 'dead
easy' to use - so long as the pipe is clean.....(any one got any links
to some good websites that can talk me through it - I've read a few
books but am a complete amateur!).

Finally, http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1358-12702 - is a TRV pack that
says it is for 8mm/10mm pipes - how does that work then? How can it
fit both...

Thanks in advance (and sorry for the 'newbie' questions!)

Simon