Bill Rubenstein

Another good question. Power difference is not a problem -- vfd-s don't care about 50 vs 60
hz and anything in the 240 v range is ok.

But I could not support the machine properly and could not step on Roman's toes if you are in
his area. I know that exclusive arrangements can easily be seen as a method of controlling
prices and such but it really does benefit everybody. It gives you a supported, first-class
product at a fair price and it gives Omega the capital it needs to produce machines in
quantities that make it more affordable. As an experiment, go to a machine shop with a
drawing or picture of a Stubby and ask them to price the manufacture of one like it. See
what it would cost. Be careful, though, about going ahead since the machine is covered by
two patents g.

Bill

In article , says...

"Bill Rubenstein" skrev i melding
. net...
Good points made below. People forget how big Australia really is and how

little Europe is.

Would Omega direct ship to an Australian address a machine configured for

Europe and which
they know is going to Europe? Probably not.

Does the user want to be using a potentially unsupported machine to save a

few bucks?

Further, it is unlikely that, when all is said and done, that much money

could be saved. The
Australian buyer would be paying retail and then having to run the

export/import traps for
one machine for the first time. There are a lot of unknowns here.

Bill

Now, just as a point of interest to me, assuming 240V 50hZ AC is OK
for the american version of the Stubby 750, what would be the cost of
taking one to Oslo, Norway?

Bjarte