Chris Lewis

According to zxcvbob :
The "parts" sounds really high to me, but I haven't bought huge copper
wire in a while. (is he using copper or aluminum for the service
entrance and feeder conductors?) No matter how much the copper costs,
$1200 for parts still sounds high.

When I put a 100A subpanel in our detached garage ~7 years ago, we were
looking at something like $700CDN (~$450US at the time) for 110 feet of
#4.

4-ought for 200A is likely to be about double that.

So, $1200 may not be that unreasonable for parts - new conduit, meter
base, everything.

If it's within the OP's comfort zone, he may want to ask the electrician
to recompute using aluminum conductors. Cut our parts cost in half.

14 hours does seem a trifle much for two professional electricians (or
at one with a decent helper), but without seeing the situation personally,
I'd take that with a grain of salt.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est