Chuck Harris

Norm Dresner wrote:

body, and remove them one at a time... it is always easier on the board
than solder wick, or those hand held vacuum thingies. I even do that with
my PACE desoldering station if I don't need to save the chip.

-Chuck Harris

As soon as my eye is healed enough (from surgery) to be able to bend down
and see well enough to solder I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the desoldering tip.

Norm

Hi Norm,

If you are just recovering from eye surgery, I would like to suggest that you
do two things before soldering:

1) wear a pair of eyeglasses, or safety glasses, and
2) use a small muffin fan to draw the fumes away from
your face.

The last thing you want after eye surgery is to get a solder burn on
your cornea, or the irritation can come from flux fumes.

-Chuck