OH YEAH

"Marlboro" wrote in message
om...
(Wizard of Ozz) wrote in message
. com...
I just bought a Samsung Syncmaster 793s 17" monitor. I'm using a very
old computer, with a very old video card, a SiS 6326 (Silicon
Integrated Systems) from 1997. I'm using Windows 98.

That's 1st problem

I installed the appropriate driver that came with the monitor CD.

I have read the entire FAQ at
www.repairfaq.org and my problem didn't
come up.

up to a 2 % difference in linearity (I take this monitor to be on the
cheapo side). But I solved this problem by changing the Hz rate. And

That's 2nd problem

that's where my real problem comes in.

After reading the monitor CD manual to make sure I wasn't doint
something I would regret, I manually changed the refresh rate to 85 Hz
(always at 800*600). Perfect! Beautiful image. Except...

There are these evenly spaced vertical lines, just noticeable, across
the screen. Others might not complain about them. I'm a perfectionist

That's main problem

Ok, I'm confused....

Is this to say that THIS monitor is no good or just not for this particular
use? I have one just like it with the same problem. Mine is a secondary unit
and I have no use for it otherwise, but other than the faint vertical
streaks as mentioned by the OP in theirs, mine has an otherwise good
picture. Is it worth my while to sell it? IF this monitor is ok to use and
anyone CAN use it, let me know. I'll make you a decent deal.

TRM