TWS

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:11:52 -0400, "Stephen M"
wrote:

I have both.

There are some applications where a finish sander is preferable, but 9 times
(or more) out of 10 you will reach for the ROS.

I *never* use the finish sander anymore. The ROS rocks. Yes it's generally
more agressive, but my latest has variable speed which is surprisingly
useful.

I generally do the last pass of sanding by hand with the grain anyway.

Buy an ROS.

-Steve

I'm with Steve, if you can only buy one, buy a ROS. And do the
finishing work by hand and a palm sander is cheap enough that, with
the right hints, makes a great Christmas present from someone near and
dear.

TWS
http://tomstudwell.com/allprojects.htm