On 25 Oct 2004 23:47:03 -0700, someone wrote:

THIS IS NOT A GOOGLE GROUP.

2) i've got to take down a tree but all of the information online is
about falling a tree. I can't do this because the tree is far too
big, too many nearby houses and telephone wires. I want to climb up
there and chainsaw it down piece by piece

If you don't know WTF you are doing, the last thing you need is to be
climbing with a chainsaw. As a beginner, climb with a handsaw. Do a
little. Then re-evaluate whether this is something you really want to
take on. BTW, if you get a cheap bowsaw stuck in a collapsing cut,
its a much cheaper problem than if you got a $400 chainsaw stuck up in
a tree. You will need quite a bit of gear to climb, saw and lower
safely. Do you want to invest in all that?

Why ever did you buy a house if you are that clueless, and how did you
live the rest of your life? Even if you rent, you could try fixing
little stuff yourself rather than calling the LL for every little
thing, it's good practice if you plan on home ownership.

Good luck.

-v.