Marlboro

(Wizard of Ozz) wrote in message . com...
I just bought a Samsung Syncmaster 793s 17" monitor. I'm using a very
old computer, with a very old video card, a SiS 6326 (Silicon
Integrated Systems) from 1997. I'm using Windows 98.

That's 1st problem

I installed the appropriate driver that came with the monitor CD.

I have read the entire FAQ at
www.repairfaq.org and my problem didn't
come up.

up to a 2 % difference in linearity (I take this monitor to be on the
cheapo side). But I solved this problem by changing the Hz rate. And

That's 2nd problem

that's where my real problem comes in.

After reading the monitor CD manual to make sure I wasn't doint
something I would regret, I manually changed the refresh rate to 85 Hz
(always at 800*600). Perfect! Beautiful image. Except...

There are these evenly spaced vertical lines, just noticeable, across
the screen. Others might not complain about them. I'm a perfectionist

That's main problem