George

Default small lathe

See the JET mini thread. Better yet, see the JET mini.

250 delivered from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=228013

"Anonymous" wrote in message
newsan.2004.10.26.17.10.25.405298@notarealserver .com...
Yesterday, to my TOTAL surprise, my wife suggested that I buy another
lathe to keep exclusively for pens. So I'm looking for recommendations
along that line.

I am primarily interested in sturdiness / quality of manufacturing. Cost
IS 'an object' but not the primary one. If it has a 1x8 or MT2 on the
headstock, so much the better.

At the moment, I am considering buying another HF 12" (on sale for $180
at the moment) and simply reserving the current one for pen turning.
Looking at the Penn State catalog it occurs that the HF machine, while
having greater capacity, is about the same price as the PSI mini & midi
lathes ... or even somewhat less.

Your opinion?

Bill

--