Grandpa Koca

Dave Solly wrote:
I'm just about finished striping the wallpaper from our kitchen wall. We
want to texture the wall and paint it. I thought I saw on some TV show
someone adding the paint to the drywall mud, and therefore skipped the
steps of priming and painting. The added benefit would be that if a spot
got chipped, you wouldn't have a white spot.

Anyone know how to do this? Do you use powered drywall and mix the paint
in, or can you do it with ready mixed drywall mud?

Thanks.

Dave

From my experience, there is only one thing worse than textured walls
in a kitchen, and that's a popcorn ceiling. If at all possible, I would
recommend that you make the walls as smooth as possible and paint with a
good washable enamel. Makes keeping the kitchen clean a whole lot easier.
But if you are going to texture it, then don't dilute the ready mix with
paint. Get a dry bag, and a large bucket. Substitute a gallon of latex
paint for a gallon of the recommended water amount and mix. Consistent
texturing over a large area is tricky if you're not experienced or
"artistic."

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.