Ian Stirling

in2minds wrote:
I have 12mm plasterboard about 5-10cm out from a 50cm stone wall.
There is no vapour barrier.

Is there any sort of insulation that can be used in this sort of
situation
that will not cause condensation problems?

Or is my next task to either replace /add foiled plasterboard, paper
the
insides with some sort of vapour barrier, or invent a 2" deep robot
that
can climb along the inside of the walls and spray bitumen.

why not use insulated plasterboard ?
it's basically a sandwich of insulation (polystyrene or whatever it is),
a vapour barrier and plasterboard on top.

Because it'll be quite a lot more expensive (I assume).
And if possible, I'd prefer a solution that does not involve removing
existing board.