Gary Fritz

Gary Fritz wrote:
No matter what the 'purists' say . . . I like water-based poly
for finishing a 'working' surface, like your kitchen table. It's
both hard and relatively impervious to liquids & damage.

Hm. Does it harden as it cures? I just looked at the table and I can
fairly easily scratch/dent the finish with a fingernail. That would
NEVER stand up to my kids.

I just put the 3 coats on yesterday, so maybe it just needs more time.

Gotta say though, the surface is nice and satiny. Just a few dust pips
here and there. Not sure why it would be necessary to use the uber-
fine sandpapers unless you wanted a glassy finish.

Gary