Gary Fritz

"Ron Magen" wrote:
No matter what the 'purists' say . . . I like water-based poly for
finishing a 'working' surface, like your kitchen table. It's both
hard and relatively impervious to liquids & damage.

Well that's good to hear. From what some of the other posters were
saying, I was starting to think it was going to dissolve the first time
my son spilled his juice on it. :-)

Agreed, for a faster 'dead flat' & smooth surface, you should have
filled the pores first. However, that type of surface is not a
necessity but more of a cosmetic choice. To fill the existing
grain with the poly, think about 6 coats . . . as a start.

I have no problem with doing more coats. It only takes about 20-30
minutes to slap on a coat. I did 3 coats yesterday and I can easily do
another 3 today if I want to. Except 220 is the finest grit I have, so
I'll have to go out to the store to get 320/400/600.

Thanks!
Gary