Bob Smith \(UK\)

"p cooper" wrote in message
k...
SWMBO has just bought a new TV to replace the prior 10 yr old one.
Works fine ( once id taken 90 minutes to understood the serbo-croat
instruction manual) except that channel 3 (ITV) reception isnt very good -
about on par with what Ch5 was on the old TV. FWIW Ch5 on the new TV is
about the same as Ch5 on the old (and Ch3 on the new)

John Lewis ( from whom we bought it - who also said the instruction

manual
was good!!) say its the aerial.
1) is this true - do modern TVs need more signal strength that old ones.?
2) if we improve reception for Ch3 are we going to loose it for the others

?

Has it found the ITV from a neighbouring area (eg Tyne-Tees when you are in
Yorkshire)? Try searching manually for a stronger ITV.

Bob