Ian Middleton

"John" wrote in message
I have removed a radiator for decorating purposes and one of the valves
(not TRV) leaks ever so slightly, (one drip every 10mins or so). I have
bodged something up from my box of bits to screw onto the valve, but is
there anything commercially available? I have in the past used a washing
machine hose to connect the two valves together but these valves are too
far apart. I asked at my local plumbers merchant and they looked at me like
I had got two heads!!! Mind you it was 12.15 on Saturday afternoon and I
was probably keeping them from the pub!

Cheers

B&Q sell end cap nuts. Put PTFE tape round valve thread, screw on end cap.
Open rad valve to test for leaks (sort out leaks) close valve and decorate
room.

My neighbour removed a radiator to decorate, last winter, and found his
downstairs flooded one morning as the thermostatic valve had opened in the
night due to the cold !!!!

Personally I loosen the radiator from the wall lean it over, tie the
radiator to my work mate (or other suitable large item), tighten nuts,
decorate behind and place back. Saves all the messing around with dirty
water etc.