Norminn

B wrote:
If I leave my dog outside at night, she'll bark and wake up the
neighborhood, but the owl stays away, too.
If I leave my dog inside at night, the owl hoots and the dog barks and wakes
up the family.
We need sleep.
Is there a way to keep the owl away from my yard?
The owl has been around for only a week ... will it move away pretty soon? I
am in Raleigh, NC.
Other advice?

It might be like living next to the RR tracks - everyone becomes
accustomed to it and will eventually not notice the sound. Put fido in
a room with radio playing very softly and perhaps he won't hear the owl.