Set Square

Neal Harwood wrote:

Having just read some old (c1998) posts (I Love GOOGLE Groups),
someone else suggested problems with an airlock in the CH system
We HAVE had to drain the system a couple of times over the last year
(to move some pipes and rads in the basement).
Is it possible I have an airlock of some sort? Where would it be?
Would it cause my symptoms? And of course, HOW do I get rid of it?

I doubt if it's that. An air lock after re-filling can prevent any primary
circlation (I've had one!) but once you've got circulation going, any
residual air will usually park itself somewhere where it doesn't do any
major harm - probably in one of the radiators. I don't think an air lock is
likely to cause an intermittent circulation failure.

Of course, I could be wrong . . .
--
Cheers,
Set Square