Neal Harwood

raden wrote in message ...
In message , Set Square
writes
raden wrote:

In message , Neal
Harwood writes
I have a Potterton Profile 50e boiler, and lately the (thermal?)
cut-out has started tripping. This results in the pump going
continuously, but no hot water.
It happily resets manually, and starts up again.
It seems to trip 4/5 times a week, at different times/conditions - no
obvious pattern.

Any ideas?

The impeller of the pump hasn't broken off the shaft has it ?

I don't think the system would run for between 1/5 and 1/4 of a week if it
had!

You have a point there - I'll try to read threads better in future

Thanks for the replies so far
I believe the pump is fine, because it DOES work most of the time,
just cuts out occasionally.
It has also only started doing this recently. It used to happen VERY
occasionally (2 times per year), but recently it is much more
frequent.

This 'cut-out due to residual heat' sounds very feasible
I will try and work out the circuit type (thanks for the link) and get
back to you

Neal