Greg G.

Peter Hyde said:

Greg
I have done quite a lot of spalted maple as you can see he
http://www.peterhyde.bravehost.com/

snip
Hope this helps
Peter hyde

Hi, Peter,
Wow! I just finished this Pencil Cup, turned in spalted beech,
finished it with 3 coats of lacquer, sanded to 600, polished with
automotive polishing compound, and waxed with Johnsons Paste Wax.

Then I read your reply... Great minds think alike, eh? ;-)

Granted, it's nothing special - the lines are crude and I just turned
it on the fly with no plan in mind. But it is only the second thing I
have ever turned, and I think it turned out pretty well.

Two images he

http://www.thevideodoc.com/images/Tu...cil_Cup02s.jpg
http://www.thevideodoc.com/images/Tu...cil_Cup01s.jpg

Thanks for the information!
I'll try to put it to good use in the future.
Also, nice looking pieces on your web site!

Greg G.