Kathy

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:23:13 -0400, "Kathy"
wrote:

I want to build a ramp up the two steps to my front door so that I can

bring
my mom into my house.

Since you are the one who will push her up the ramp its easy enough to
do a few experiments yourself. The ramp can be steeper than the grade
recommended for public access ramps where the wheelchair user has to
propel himself. You may even want to use parallel metal channels that
the wheels can run on instead of a permanent ramp. The channels can
be stowed when not required.

You Win! This is the idea I'm going to go with. And weld a round bar under
the end to catch the step.Maybe a stop on each step to help line them up.
Perfect. I'll set a brick in my front yard to rest the bottom. I already
figured I could drive up to anywhere on the front lawn that the ramp comes
to and drop a piece of plywood for a solid surface. Alas, her chair is not
built for 4-wheeling. 8 foot long channel would make it about 10-1/2
degrees. Pretty steep I think. I don't want to dump poor mom out of her
chair! I'm going to make some calls tomorrow. Thanks.