Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

Default ALT-217 monitor

"Gene the Skeptic" wrote in message
After 5 years of good service, my ALT-217 monitor is "displaying"
sporadically (~ 2 to 3 times daily) the following problems:
1. Out of the blue, the power-on reset circuit gets triggered and the
monitor
switches off, then turns on by itself. Sometimes after that, all is

well for
a few hours, sometimes goes into a unending cycle. When this happens,

if I
turn the power off and wait a few minutes to turn it on, everything is

fine.
2. Sometimes when 1. happens, the screen adjustments are reset and I

have to
readjust the size & position, vertical & horizontal.
Has anybody any experience with this monitor? Where can I find

schematics?
Any suggestions? BTW I am an EE.
Thanks,
Gene
P.S.
1. I have already posted the message on sci.electronics.repair, but no