RonB

Brad Nailer($19)
..............Very happy with item.

Others and myself have passed on some pretty good stories about their finish
nailers. The ones discussed cost a little more, but only mid $twenties. I
know a finish carpenter that has been using HF nailers for 2-3 years and
cannot wear one out.

Mortising Machine ($100)
Contrary to complaints on this board, the spindle and the fence is square
to the table, and the plastic handles to lock the table and hold-down
are great.

I bought one of these $100 sale items about three years ago on a whim. Have
been pleasantly surprised. Plenty of power, pretty good chisels and descent
lever force. I, however, am not as pleased with the hold down hardware.
Might just be an older model. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by a cousin's
Delta. Also the metal in the bushing that accepts the chisels seems a
little soft. Main thing is it consistently cuts square holes, and lines
them up faily well!