parish

Default Dysons...

Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:41:02 UTC, Andrew McKay
wrote:

We have a primary school not far from here, and I'm not joking when I
say there are people that won't walk a quarter of a mile to take
little Johnny to school - they've got to get the car out so as not to
stretch little Johnny's legs.

In our case, they also can't be bothered to park properly when they get
there. To most of them (especially the Chelsea Tractor drivers) they
seem to believe that the space marked out with zigzag yellow lines is
their private stopping place.

Interesting comment that. Outside our local primary school they seem to
respect the yellow zig-zags which, AIUI, are not mandatory but advisory,
i.e. it isn't actually an *offence* to park on them.

As it happens, I do drive there (it's about a mile). But I do a round
trip to the other side of town to pick up more kids, and when I get
there they usually have a couple of hundred yards to walk since I always
find a proper space.

That's fair enough; you are effecitvely a school bus.