Nick Hull

In article ,
(JURB6006) wrote:

Let me get this straight, this UPS is only hooked to one of the branch
circuits, not the mains.

If I'm correct, there are only flourescent lights as a load here. Is this
correct ?

If so I have an opinion that might help. Before these lights fire up, they
present almost no load. With no load the proximity to the other wires and
other
factors may be impressing a "hum" on the output line. If the logic control in
the UPS detects this it may either see it as a fault, or who knows.

Flying by the seat of my pants here, I'd connect at least one incandescent
light to the output and see if it corrects the problem. I think it's worth a
try at least.

Interesting reasoning. The only loads are compact flourescents, and all
are off. One of them will switch on about 5-10 seconds after a power
failure. There is one neon light on 100% of the time, about 1/4 watt.

I don't want to have an incandescent light on all the time, unless it is
very small. Are there any 110 volt incandescents less than 4 watts? Or
maybe I could put 2 4 watters in series?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/