OldScrawn

Default Potterton Profile problem

A neighbour of mine (female) has a 10 year old PP, it's having spells where the
ignition sparks every second and you can see the flame size cycling up and down
at the same time. From a thread in 2001 it could be a break in the spark lead.
However their local corgi guy is talking about a failed gas valve but
apparently he doesn't really inspire confidence. If it were mine I would have a
play, but I can see this repair getting expensive, say if the guy replaces the
valve and then the board. My gut feel is that if they can't do a "cheap" fix
she should consider a replacement boiler. Or am I being unfair to Potterton?