Prometheus

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:00:43 -0400, "Bruce Brooks"
wrote:

I have just completed the construction of a solid cherry table, with a 1 1/2
inch thick, single plank top about 2 1/2 by 4 feet, three drawers underneath
the top and a full length shelf about 6 inches off the floor, also about 1
1/2 inches thick. I want a glossy finish on it and can't decide between
oil-based or latex-based white paint.

Which one will give the best finish with the fewest coats of paint? Which
would be the most durable?

You're going to paint a solid-cherry table? Ouch. Why didn't you use
a less expensive wood if you were just planning on covering it up? As
far as the paint [shudder] goes, I usually use a latex based enamel
for high gloss, with a good primer coat underneith, carefully sanded
before applying the enamel.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Bruce Brooks