Andrew Mawson

Default Plastering - any tips?

"Rob Nicholson" wrote in message
In my experience tiles directly onto plasterboard don't stay stuck for

more
than a year or so. The slight flexing of the plasterboard unbonds them.

have used Wickes cement based board intended for tiling in wet places

and
so
far (4 years) it has stood the test of time.

Bit late for that! That part of the project is well and truely in place.
Removing it would be a real problem...

I know that the plasterboard has to be well treated for the tiles to

stick.

Cheers, Rob.

Round showers and baths is the real problem - the grout line develops tiny
cracks - the water gets in, and off pops the tile !

Andrew