Prometheus

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:31:17 -0400, GregP
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:49:27 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Make you wonder. BUT, can anyone cite one such incident as having
actually taken place? (other than driveby gang shootings since
they are not Jane and Joe Average) There just may be 1.

Bottom line: It's 99.9% fear and hype. On the whole, gun owners
are much more responsible, upstanding citizens.

There *is* the periodic employee-gone-crazy shooting up his
plant, there was Columbine, the Wash DC snipers, etc. So it's
not as tho these things don't happen. But overall you are right:
most gun owners are not crazy. The ones that worry me are
some of the guys I've seen at the local gun shows, where Nazi
"memorabilia" is very prominent, along with quite a bit of other
ugly stuff.

And religious zealots who want to bring about the end of days. There
are an awful damn lot of them, and they're not going away as I hoped
they might after the millenium turned.