Don D.

Thanks for the vote of confidents.
I guess I have had other guys show me there drawings in black and white
(pencil and any pad available) and I need to see it in color laid out like a
plan.
I skimmed through the book briefly and it is coming a little clearer.
I knew the wires were color coded but I did not know the caps were also. I
thought it was grab what ever fit would work.
now that I have the books to read me to sleep I can get a better picture.
maybe a new part time job. (NOT)

By the way, this newsgroup has given me a lot of good advise. It seems you
all are a tighter group that works with each other helping instead of
downing the new comer for posting

Thanks again. ALL of you!
Don

"Michael Baglio" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:41:18 -0700, "Don D."
wrote:
guys
I went to my friendly ACE is my place and bought 2 books on wiring that
may
help me out also (yea right) so I do not look or think so dumb. (some of
this can not be helped with a book)

Lighten up on yourself, willya? The mathematical odds are
overwhelmingly in your favor that you are not the dumbest dumb-ass to
ever wire a workshop... ;

Don, for your application a book, (and some patience), is pretty much
all you're going to need. You're not wiring a chemical plant here,
you're running some wiring in your workshop. Good basic books on
wiring are good precisely because they give accurate info in a form
that people doing some basic electical work can understand and use.

I'd rather do basic electricity than basic plumbing or basic roofing
or basic just-about-anything-else-around-the-house. _Everything_ is
standardised. For example, wiring and the caps used to finish off a
connection are colored the way they are for a reason, so using each
wire for the intended purpose, connecting it to the intended point of
connection, and properly capping connections _guarantees_ the
intended results.

As long as you don't get impatient or "creative" you should get the
same results any pro would.

Take your time. Re-read what you think you might not _fully_
understand until the-- excuse the pun-- bulb goes on, and you'll do
okay.(*1)

Michael Baglio

(1.) Although I've done a butt-load of home/workshop wiring, I'm a
marketing guy, not an electircian. The above is intended as an
encouragement, not a wiring installation primer. Any short-circuits,
fried connections, blown panel boxes or PVC Dust Collection Explosions
are the responsibility of dumb-ass Don and not me.