Leon

Exactly

"Robert Galloway" wrote in message
Running a 110 volt, 1 1/2 hp Jet in a new house with modern wiring and
then converting it to 220. I found the difference to be worth the effort.
Max feed rate ripping 2" oak is better. Push a little and let it catch up
is a thing of the past. Trimming small pieces never taxed it at 110 but
sometimes you need to do a little more with it and at 220, you can get
more out of it.

bob g.

Leon wrote:

"TWS" wrote in message

Don,
if your equipment is already wired for 110 then I would leave them
alone. Typically 220V would be used when your equipment is rated
2-3HP or above. Your TS is probably 1 1/2 HP and could be run on
either 110 or 220 but, as I said, there is marginal benefit to wiring
the 1 1/2 HP motor to 220.

Would you consider not stalling the motor and tripping breakers when the
going gets tough a marginal benefit?