George

That's a scraper. No worse, no better than any other for punky wood. Kids
bought me the handle and hooker tool a few years back. Still tell people
about the year they got dad a "hundred dollar hooker" for fathers' day.

The Termite is a gouge edge perpendicular to the handle, and cuts end grain
beautifully. About all I use it for, though. Some of the newer hollowing
tools like the Proforme use the same principle, but with a chip limiter.
Might due, haven't tried 'em.

Greg G. wrote in message

I've looked at the Termite, but wasn't sure it was worth a try.
Also looked at the Sorby Hollowmaster. Is this the same as the Sorby
RS-2000? Is it worth considering?

Peck out - *that's* the phrase I was looking for...

Greg G.