EricP

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:01:31 +0100, MM wrote:

I spent 15 minutes walking around the estate on the lookout for
obvious asbestos. It's everywhere. Nearly every house has a shed or
garage built in the 1950s/60s and most appear to have corrugated
asbestos roofs. Some have smooth asbestos sheet walls as well.

MM

My house dealing was coloured by the sale of my first house.

I bought in Ipswich in 1974 for 9,950 and sold three years later. I
asked 11,950 and got a buyer in short order. Their surveyor invented
"subsidence", and they put in an offer of 11,250.

As I had moved out and was paying for a bridge loan, I instructed my
surveyor/agent to start a contract race. He said he would not normally
get involved in that, but as I had been messed about, he would comply.

Three bodies took the bait and I ended up with 12,950 for the place.
If the first arse had paid what I was asking, he would have been well
in himself. He was just being clever.

I sincerely wish you every luck in this matter.

PS My Ipswich house would now cost me about 200,000, so the whole
business is a bit pointless anyway. I feel for starters trying to get
a home.