Don D.

guys
I went to my friendly ACE is my place and bought 2 books on wiring that may
help me out also (yea right) so I do not look or think so dumb. (some of
this can not be helped with a book) I also can say I have learned a lot
from all of you in regards to what to do when I build my shop (dog house).
I really thank you all for your input, Don't stop, more is good. saves me
time reading these damn books of stuff that does not interest me.
Don

"brian lanning" wrote in message
om...
"Don D." wrote in message
Sorry folks for being dumb

Sorry for not being a real electrician. :-)

I been reading on this newsgroup and the other working groups about
running
220 verses 110. Does that mean I would have to have a 220 t-saw to run
220

The short answer is yes.

or can I run my 110 t-saw on 220?

Only if you rewire it for 220 which you may or may not be able to do.

does 110 convert in the breaker box (fuse
Panel) too 220?

I'm sure someone can come up with an exception here, but breaker boxes
have a 220 line coming in. It's usually four wires. A neutral, a
ground, and two 110 volt lines in different phases. For 110 lines,
you plug in a 110v breaker and that's what you get. For 220 lines,
there's a bigger breaker that spans both sides and adds the voltage
together giving you 220.

I will be building a 30 X 40ish dog house for my playpen for an escape
from
the real world in the spring and I know I will have 220 for my mig welder
because it is a 220 plug... and also 20 amp 110 plugs all over or can I
do
better?

Put the lights on their own circuit so that if you trip a breaker, you
can still see.

Sorry this is the deepest I know on elect.
I do want to run everything as efficient as I can and get the most power
can with out popping breakers or running sluggish.
Please tell me what I do not know if you have to time.

I did *a lot* of research, then ran my own sub panel to my garage. I
put in four 110 lines and two 220 lines. I also rewired my saw to
220. It all works great.

brian