Charles Spitzer

"Leon" wrote in message
om...

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:48:16 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

(Though I remember it being ok IIRC- it could be that the
product I used had a different chemical composition than some others)
Obviously, standard advice applies here- test in a hidden area before
using anything in the final project!

Just to clarify that a bit more, I was under the impression that the
damage to the plating could be over a period of time. Testing may not be
long enough unless you let the test go for a year or 2.

Perhaps a piece of mirror with several possible compounds used for a long
term test.

it doesn't take that long. acids used for soldering mirror into stained
glass items can destroy the edges in just a few days.