Paul C. Dickie

In article , Ric
writes
"IMM" wrote in message
There are is always an alternative.

Are is?

It's an alternative grammar...

I note that Screwfux are still having problems; their system seems to be
up and down with the fabled frequency of a harlot's underwear -- more
often down than up and usually off completely.

Meanwhile, I've been looking through other catalogues and their prices
don't seem quite so wonderful as some would have one believe. For
example, there's the 115 piece drill set on page 48 of the current
Screwfux catalogue; one might suppose that it was good value at £36.99,
unless one had seen an identical set in a different catalogue [1] for a
mere £30 -- nearly 19% cheaper. That same alternative supplier has a
similar set, but TiN coated, at £38. Admittedly, they don't sell the
long series HSS drills that Screwfux offer on page 50, but they *do*
sell a set of long series drills -- 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0mm
-- for a mere £2.40. The same drills from Screwfux would cost £5.05.

No, they don't have the range of goods that Screwfux offered but, if all
one needs are drills, it hardly helps for the supplier also to offer
glass wash-basins and other products of the sort used on make-over shows
to uglify one's home.

[1] (Usual disclaimers apply...)
Arc Euro Trade, 10 Archdale Street, Syston, Leicester, LE7 1NA.
Tel: 0116 269 5693 Fax: 0116 260 5805
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk

--
Paul