Rick Dipper

On 25 Oct 2004 05:52:36 -0700, (DAI) wrote:

Hello,

I am in the UK and live in a property that dates from 1620. The house
has two Inglenook fireplaces that share a common chimney (but
different flues). The previous owner did not use the fires for at
least 30 yrs. As I am the new owner, I wish to use the fires again.

The parging is coming away in several places and there is
repointing/relaying of some bricks required.

Can anyone recommend the appropriate parging and mortar mixes I should
use in this case?

Thanks.

DAI

Sir

I had a similar age chimney. There are now piles of regulations on
chimneys. There is also info to suggest that you may not be fully
insured if you do not have a chimney upto modern regs. I spent a good
time working with the guy from hotline chimneys, and in the end
re-lined mine with a metal liner, and Building Regs compliance.

Rick