ARWadsworth

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:12:36 +0100, MM wrote:

Should I get a survey done on brand-new house?

MM

Yes, but specify what you want.

A lot of people buying with a mortgage just rely on the lender's
survey (for which they pay of course) and nothing more.

You shouldn't need a full structural survey, but it would be wise to
have electrics, gas, plumbing checked at least.

Would the electrics not have an NIC certificate? I have not worked for a
builder (on new builds) who has not asked for one. Surely this would be show
the electrical installation to be sound.

Adam