The Question Asker

Default Barn conversion - how deep should the footings be..... - UPDATE

well good luck to you, we have a barn that at present is on the entrance to
the village but it its current state it will have less then 2 yrs left,
unless it is knocked down or converted. But at present the "planners" are
saying that converting the barn for residential would:
a) create too much traffic, although converting it to business would not
(Which is what they said they woudl allow)
b) detract from the appearance of the village, well apart from one or tow
houses most are f***ing awful.
Who knows what they are going on about, but its all in the hands of a
planning expert now so fingers crossed....

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:06:41 -0000, "Set Square"
wrote:

[Sorry if this sounds nit-picking, but you will need to get involved both
with planners and BCOs on this project - and it's important to understand
the role of each of these].

It doesn't sound nit-picking at all... my structural engineer is
looking after both for me - so fingers crossed. he did say that no
new build would ever get away with it - but as it is a barn - and
there are so few in the area, they may not be so strict - but who
knows!
S.

http://www.thehawthornes.org