Brian Sharrock

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:21:14 +0100, Andy Wade
wrote:

snip

BBC Parliament seems to be an odd one out in that it can be accessed
in full and live on the internet with no restriction. Perhaps the
legislators decided wisely that it would be a hot potato to make an
issue of it.

Many moons ago - ab intio the TV service was
run by the Houses of Parliament themselves. [I needed to
obtain their permission to utilise a picture captured off
screen]. Then suddenly - Year 5 AB?-the service was 'taken over'
by BBC.
The BBC started to run subtitled explanations of what was
occurring on screen - some might say giving the Government's
slant on things under discussion. Of course when the 'House'
decided that BBC would broadcast our parliament - Tone
had appointed his nuLabourContributors to positions
of power in that organisation.

--

Brian