bof

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
bof wrote:
Having just found the spool they are
orange/white, white/orange, blue/white, white/blue

Can't see that being anything other than UK telephone cable.

Well that's what I originally bought it for, but it's definitely marked
as being CW1308.

I just stripped back 2m and no twists evident.

The twists on older telephone cable are pretty gentle. I've got some 10
pair stuff where 5 use red as one colour, 5 white. And then 5 colours to
identify the others, but obviously related to the red or white other.
And you've got to be careful to pick the correct pair - I usually strip
back about 1 metre to make sure.

On a not entirely unrelated note, the old GPO cable used to have paper
insulation, the pairs were identified by having sets of 1, 2, 3 or 4
printed rings, the 4 rings were printed 4 times further apart than the 1
rings to keep the cable capacitance equal.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
currently being spammed at a rate of 4423 a day, that's 1615501 spams a year.