On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 04:29:48 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

In the pages of the Craft Supplies catalog, the Woodfast 20" lathe and the
Vicmarc VL300 look awfully similar in design and configuration. I realize
both are made in Oz, but I'm curious as to which came first, and if a
disgruntled employee of one company left to start the other, or what?

Does anyone have knowledge of these two lathes and their history?

Don't know much about them as I am not interested in a new lathe
but they are made in different states, about 1500 km apart, Vicmarc in
Queensland and Woodfast in South Australia. As far as I know,
Woodfast is the older company.
Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address