On 25 Oct 2004 07:14:29 -0700, (Pascal Oudet)
wrote:

Talking about currency conversions: I recently found that, converted
in Euros, purchasing a Glaser gouge from an Australian dealer is
cheaper than from the US.

OK, I am prejudiced and only purchase the best woodturning tools
- Australian made. I note from reading foreign eg UK & US
magazines that tools are expensive, horribly expensive in the UK for
the same tools. Taiwan metal lathe here $3000 is about 2000 UKP in
Britain = $5000 Oz. UK made stuff is often less expensive here than
in UK - major exception being books & magazines - I buy Model
Engineers Workshop , 3.65 UKP = $8.20 , is $12.25 from the newsagent
Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address