EricP

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:09:33 +0100, MM wrote:

My estate agent has just called to say that the buyer's building
society survey report has come back saying that there are "traces of
asbestos" in my property and a separate special investigation by an
environmental services company is required. Consequently, a man is
coming later this week.

Is this where I should really start panicking? The only abestos I can
think of is four corrugated sheets forming the roof of the adjacent
brick shed, which is approximately 10 ft x 8 ft.

How much is this going to cost me? Should I get a second opinion? I
thought asbestos in sheet form, provided it is undisturbed, is
harmless.

MM

I am sitting in my 1979 semi, under acres of artex ceiling containing
asbestos and looking at my garage with it's asbestos roof. My house is
one of many hundreds within a half mile of me, and hundreds of
thousands, in the country. It was the standard method of construction.

Yours is the second problem of this type reported here. I wonder if we
are seeing the replacement for Double Glazing as a money-spinner???

If so, it will make the flooding scare look mundane.

Andy has made very good comments.

And what a wonderful way of getting the price down!