mac davis

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:02:49 GMT, "Corey" wrote:

The saga continues...

Yes, still working on that first project (book shelf). I have everything
cut to size and shape and sanded down to 220. So I'm ready for construction
and glue up. That is, as soon as I get that 220 dust off the pieces.

So I hear I don't want to wipe down with a damp rag, because that will raise
the grain on the wood again. Advice seems to be to use a tack cloth. I
hear you can buy them (the easy but expensive route), make them (mineral
spirits and a rag???), and the adult ed instructor said he just uses a rag
with Endust (first I've ever heard/read of).

So what's a beginner to do?

Thanks

I'd suggest that you spend a few bucks on a 3 pack of tack rags... not
only will it do the job for you, but you'll see what they are and how
they work..
IMHO, it's hard to duplicate or make something that you've never
used... kind of asking someone to make brown paint when they've never
seen brown before...