RonB

Deb:
I have been a woodworker for many years but became a turning "newbie" during
the past year. With this said I might not fully understand you needs. But
have you looked at Jet's 1442? It is a pretty heavy machine for the money
but does miss some of your criteria

The lower speed range is 450, a bit above your desired 300 rpm.

It does have a turret head, but well secured and heavy.

1 HP Motor

The basic lathe and bed come in at about 200 lbs. I believe this goes up to
about 340 with addition of the cast iron legs. The leg set includes cast
supports for under-carriage weight shelves.

Price when I purchased last year was $799. I did, however, notice a week or
so ago that it has gone up to $915 in the same store - supposedly steel cost
increase.

Not sure if this is enough of a battleship for you but it has been a good
machine, and a good teacher, for me.

RonB