Harry

"rotation slim" wrote in message
om...
IMHO it all depends on what you are using the tools for. If you are a
carpenter and build houses you have very different needs than if you a
weekend hack (like myself) who uses the tools occasionally.

Being a weekend hack, and at the risk of offending the hardcores on
this board, I love cordless tools. I literally found a Dewalt
cordless drill 14.4v in the road about 7 years ago, bought a charger,
and have used it ever since. (felt bad for the poor chump who lost
it, put a sign up on a telephone pole near where I found it saying
"Tool Found and my phone # but no one ever called.) It is all a
matter of how much you plan to use them. I am starting to lust over
those matched sets at Home Depot, where you have a bunch of cordless
tools and they are all using the same batteries, I can see how that
would be nice.

Nothing wrong with Home Depot, but the matched sets they have, range from
the very inexpensive Ryobi to more expensive brands. Based on the
information I've gotten here, though, it appears that if one is going to be
using the tools, more than a couple of times a year, then spending a bit
more and getting a makita, or some similar brand, is a wise choice.

Save the flames, I know I have revealed myself as a pretender by the
fact that I recomend: 1) cordless Tools 2) buying tools at Home Depot;
but it makes a lot of sense if you are like me, and only get to use
them occasionally for minor projects around the house, why buy an
Hummer H2 if I only drive around on city roads, sure it would look
cool, and I'd feel manly behind the wheel, but when I commute 60 miles
a day on city roads, it makes a lot more sense to get a Honda Accord.