Rob

My head is firmly planted on my shoulders. I hope you feel good denigrating others who hold a different viewpoint. It does not phase me.

Your response is a science only approach. I am discussing ethical issues. When you look at the people supporting the scientific argument, their life work is science not ethics. The article you cite, also contains a defense clause which discredits the intellectual honesty of the author. It is as follows:

Blind loyalists to the president will dismiss the UCS report because that organization often tilts left--never mind that some of those signatories are conservatives.
Such a statement is designed to stifle open discussion, by putting everyone who disagrees in a biased box.

This issue bridges science and ethics. Those who support it dismiss the ethical issues. Those who oppose embryonic stem cell research are focusing on the ethical issues. I believe that science must heed to the ethical issues. It is dangerous for ethics to heed to science.

You can cite all the science and scientists you want to, that is not relevant to my argument.

Here is an article that discusses the whole issue of stem cell research, not just the ethical/moral aspects:

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...125873,00.html

....follow the money!!!

"Erma1ina" wrote in message ...
"Rob S." wrote:

Now, I do not make law and neither did the President. I am not proposing
that the Government outlaw the practice. I am behind the President 100% on
what he actually did, and that was to prohibit federal funding from paying
for the harvesting of human embryos. The Left would have you believe that he
banned the practice altogether, but that is not what actually happened.

Get your head out of . . . the sand and try to understand the damage the
Bush administration's intellectually dishonest, ideologically-driven
policies are having on U.S. science and technology and, consequently,
the longterm well-being of the country.

Check out the website of Scientists and Engineers for Change:

http://www.scientistsandengineersfor...g/founding.php

George W. Bush's INCOMPETENCE is endangering the future of the U.S.

Read the letter, endorsing John Kerry, from 48 Nobel prize winners in
various scientific diciplines:

http://www.scientistsandengineersfor...obelletter.php

Excerpt:

"The prosperity, health, environment, and security of Americans depend
on Presidential leadership to sustain our vibrant science and
technology; to encourage education at home and attract talented
scientists and engineers from abroad; and to nurture a business
environment that transforms new knowledge into new opportunities for
creating quality jobs and reaching shared goals.

"President Bush and his administration are compromising our future on
each of these counts. By reducing funding for scientific research, they
are undermining the foundation of America's future. By setting
unwarranted restrictions on stem cell research, they are impeding
medical advances. By employing inappropriate immigration practices, they
are turning critical scientific talent away from our shores. And by
ignoring scientific consensus on critical issues such as global warming,
they are threatening the earth's future. Unlike previous
administrations, Republican and Democratic alike, the Bush
administration has ignored unbiased scientific advice in the
policy-making that is so important to our collective welfare."