Set Square

Christian McArdle wrote:

Can you replace just the innards with ceramic - or does it mean a
whole new tap?

Not that I know of, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone has
designed a drop in replacement. However, part of the fun of replacing
with a ceramic cartridge tap is that you can avoid the horrible 1950s
plastic knobs.

Christian.

I could do with replacing my bath and basin mixer taps with something using
ceramics and/or single lever - or *anything* other than smooth plastic knobs
which you can't grip with soapy hands!

The basin tap is the sort which uses a single hole. The bath tap uses two
holes - but has a sort of "bridge" leading to a single outlet pipe.

I can find plenty of chrome taps - but mine need to have an antique gold
finish to match the other bathroom fittings. Anyone know where I can get
some?
--
Cheers,
Set Square