Mary Fisher

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

The breadmake was no good at rye bread, in my experience, and we like
that a
lot. We also enjoy oat additions and spelt bread.

Rye flour has a low protein content, so you have to make sure it
is mixed with a high protein content flour or you end up with a
small brick,

Not if you have my long experience! The problem with rye is that it tends to
be sticky, not that it has low gluten. I haven't made a brick for decades
and it wasn't with rye.

and the organic flours sometimes don't have a high
protein content.

I've never had a problem with any organic flour. I occasionally even use
'soft' flours for bread. It works - if you know what you're doing.

Mary