Pecanfan

Default Plaster - bonding coat layers

Quick question(s) for any plaster experts out there (I'm a total plaster
novice btw, but slowly getting the hang of it).

I've got approximately 1" of plaster to apply to wallboard to bring it up to
the level of the surrounding walls. The plans was to apply 2 layers of
Thistle Bonding Coat followed by the skim coat(s). So far I've applied 1
layer of bonding and wire-scratched it ready for the second coat. This coat
is nearly dry now. I didn't think this would be a problem since there was
no mention of such things on the packet, but according to the spec sheet on
british-gypsum.com, the bonding coat *shouldn't* be allowed to dry out
between coats. So...

1. What happens if I apply a 2nd bonding coat to a dry bonding coat?

2. Should I just dampen down the first coat before applying the second?

3. Do I apply the finish (Wickes Universal Finishing Plaster) to a wet,
set-but-not-dry, or dry backing?

4. Likewise for the finishing coat, if the bonding / backing *is* already
dry (there are some areas of v.old lime plaster which I've already primed
with PVA) do I need to damp down before applying the finish?

5. What's the difference between wallboard and baseboard?

6. Anyone have any experience of Wickes Universal Finishing Plaster?

Thanks in advance,

Andy